Wohlsen Construction, a top 400 ENR firm with over 125 years in the construction business has an immediate need for a Project Engineer out of our North New Jersey Office.
If you are interested in joining a premier growing commercial construction firm with a stellar reputation in its industry then this is the opportunity you've been looking for. Our growth has been tremendous as we continue to expand throughout the Mid Atlantic region. Great career growth potential, along with the opportunity to pursue career paths in Operations and Administration.
The Project Engineer is a key teammate on the Project Team. Working with the Project Manager and Superintendent, the Project Engineer provides critical support to ensure the construction project runs on time, the subcontractor schedules are in sync, change orders and RFI's are documented and site issues are resolved in a timely manner. This role provides the foundation of a career in Construction and is often a role that develops into Project Management and other leadership roles in the industry.
• Ensure Safety is never compromised; develop and communicate the project safety program as needed and participate in conducting safety inspections.
• Collect, review and process Submittal and RFI project documentation and distribute to appropriate business partners.
• Compose or transcribe meeting minutes, interoffice memos, and format correspondence to clients, vendors, subcontractors, government agencies, and other associates.
• Coordinate and monitor the bid package process and quotes to ensure quote coverage.
• Assist in the preparation, distribution and monitoring of project billings (draws) through to completion.
• Activate and maintain accurate project files including logs for AIA change orders, pending change orders, permits, submittals, RFI’s, etc.
• Assist Project Manager in developing, monitoring, and updating the project schedule and managing the project.
• Attend project meetings.
• Maintain close-out documents for project completion (i.e., O & M manuals.)
• BS degree in Construction Technology, Engineering or other related discipline, or related experience in the construction industry
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software systems particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with Primavera Scheduling, SureTrak, MS Project, Timberline, and CMiC is a plus.
• Strong writing, editing, proofreading, spelling, and grammar for creating daily correspondence and standard documents pertaining to the job.
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Wohlsen Construction provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.