Wohlsen Construction, a top 400 ENR firm with over 128 years in the construction business has an immediate need for a Field Engineer out of our Pennsylvania Regional Office.
If you are interested in joining a premier growing commercial construction firm with a stellar reputation in its industry then this is the opportunity you've been looking for. Our growth has been tremendous as we continue to expand throughout the Mid Atlantic region. Great career growth potential, along with the opportunity to pursue career paths in Operations and Administration.
The Field Engineer role is designed to prepare the employee to become a Superintendent. Primary responsibility is to assist the Superintendent in all phases of the project. Provide assistance in the supervision and coordination of all field staff, subcontractors, vendors and activities as directed by the Superintendent. Work with the Project Team to produce a quality product on time, within the project budget, complying with safety standards and exceeding Wohlsen’s client’s expectations.
• Participate in planning and managing documentation such as: timesheets, extra order slips, Daily Logs, and Incident Reports.
• As directed by the Superintendent attend project meetings.
• As requested, assist the Superintendent with interpreting drawings, specifications and maintaining as-built documents.
• As requested by the Superintendent review and process Field Submittals and RFI project documentation; distribute materials as is appropriate.
• As requested by the Superintendent activate and maintain accurate field files including logs for change orders, pending change orders, permits, submittals, RFI’s, etc.
• As directed by the Superintendent maintain close-out documents for project completion (i.e., O & M manuals).
• As requested by the Superintendent assist in the preparation of the 3 week look ahead schedules and overall schedules that include manpower projections.
• Assist in the coordination and scheduling of the subcontractors work.
• Review the contract documents to ensure a good working knowledge of Wohlsen’s scope of work and that of all Subcontractors.
• As requested by the Superintendent check/review work to ensure that it is installed in conformance with the approved shop drawings/submittals.
• As requested by the Superintendent conduct daily huddles with Wohlsen workers prior to the start of work to discuss the daily activities, review safety concerns and site specific constraints.
• As requested by the Superintendent enforce safe work practices including the planning of all high risk activities for Wohlsen workers and other subcontractors.
• Prepare and submit daily reports using CMIC software that shows all work performed
onsite. This report shall include information related to construction delays, milestones
achieved and the weather.
• Maintain a sketch book at the site that includes all sketches issued by the design consultants.
• Work with the project team to prepare final as-built drawings showing project revisions, sketches and notes.
• Assist the project team with the verification of additional work performed by subcontractors.
• Maintain a current set of contract documents at the project site that includes all revised drawings, specifications, addendums, sketches, etc.
• Prepare and distribute punch lists for incomplete or deficient work and have all deficient work corrected prior to the final inspection by the project architect or other consultants.
• B.S. degree in Construction Technology, Engineering or other related discipline or
equivalent field experience.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software systems particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and
• Strong writing, editing, proofreading, spelling, and grammar for creating daily correspondence
and standard documents pertaining to the job.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Ability to work additional hours as necessary to meet business plan objectives.
• Ability to work on multiple projects.
• Physical ability to review progress at construction sites.
• Ability to read and understand blueprints, contract drawings, and specifications.
• First aid training.
• OSHA 10 hour certification.
• Ability to use transit and levels.
• Ability to work at heights greater than 6 feet above ground level.
• A current, valid driver’s license.
• Ability to travel, stay out of town and/or relocate
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Wohlsen Construction provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.