Do you enjoy social media and public relations? Do you like identifying and creating new content? How about interacting with local media publications? Understand digital channels, SEO/SEM, and analytics? If this all sounds like you, then you should consider joining Wohlsen’s Marketing team!
Wohlsen Construction, founded128 years ago, is a Top 400 ENR construction management firm with offices in five states and is currently seeking a Public Relations Specialist in Lancaster, PA to help us build our brand awareness in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast Regions.
What does a successful Public Relations Specialist do daily?
- Identify and development content social media outlets and blog
- Identify and development press releases
- Monitor Wohlsen’s social media outlets
- Engage with social media users by posting messages, responding to questions, and monitoring posts/comments
- Recommend SEO/SEM tactics
- Website maintenance and enhancements
- Develop brand and image materials and collateral, both internal and external
- Compiling award submissions for industry associations
- Prepare and monitor social media presence through the use of analytics
- Maintain social media and public relations calendars
Areas of Focus
- Social Media
- Public Relations
- Award Submissions
- Image and Brand Awareness
How will you be measured?
- Increased social media presence
- Increase in press releases being developed
- Improve website ranking through SEO/SEM and use of analytics
Who are the clients?
- Internal Corporate and Operations
- Existing and prospective external clients, decision makers, and project partners
What are the key attributes desired to be successful in this role?
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Four-year degree in marketing, public relations, communications, or graphics
- Two or more years of related experience in a similar role
- Public relations, communication, or graphic design certification is a plus
- Proficiency in graphic design, photo and video editing software including Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Spark, Premier)
- Proficiency in Office 365 Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Planner)
- Proficiency in social media outlets, SEO/SEM, and analytics
- Working knowledge of WordPress and Wix
- Basic knowledge with Coessential CRM software is desired but not required
- Photography/video (portrait and architecture) skills desired, but not
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as editing and proofreading
- Excellent time management skills and ability to balance short-term deadlines against long-term goals
- Understanding of marketing, business development, and public relations and has a working knowledge of the construction industry
- Proven ability to be a proactive and capable of making independent decisions and working with limited supervision