Wohlsen Construction is an award-winning Mid-Atlantic construction company. With over 125 years of experience under our hard hat, we partner with owners and design professionals to build high-quality, functional projects. Our customized services run the gamut, from preconstruction and construction project management, to design/build construction and post-construction services. Our core markets include senior living, healthcare and higher education, but our experience spans far beyond that into many other industries.
Wohlsen recruits the best and the brightest talent in the industry.
If you are looking to make an influence and collaborate on challenging, award-winning projects, consider a construction career with us.
We offer competitive wages and benefits. We're committed to employee training, safety, team work and diversity. We believe that a diversified workforce will help Wohlsen grow for the next 100 years, which is why we embrace employees from different life and business backgrounds.
About Your Opportunity
You will coordinate the mechanical, plumbing, fire protection and electrical aspects of the project from pre-construction through construction and post construction phases. You will assist the Project Team in all phases of the project. You will report to the Director of MEP Services.
How You’ll Contribute:
* Visit project sites assigned and provide site inspections of MEP installations.
* Monitor for adherence to plans and specifications, contractual requirements, code compliance and compliance with industry accepted standards such as ASHRAE, SMACNA, NFPA, or NEC.
* Oversight of MEP installations to ensure quality control.
* You will maintain work to complete/punch lists of MEP trades.
* Process and forward weekly activity reports to the Project Executive, PM, PE, Superintendent and direct supervisor.
* Participate in the submittal and change order process for MEP phases.
* You will assist project team in the MEP coordination, shop drawing process coordinate, MEP Subcontractor shop drawings, and architectural drawings through all phases of the project.
* Facilitate all field coordination of all MEP phases.
* Assist Project Team to interpret MEP drawings and specifications.
* Monitor MEP contractors to ensure that correct equipment and systems are installed. Assist with MEP problem resolution.
* Assist Project Manager to develop, monitoring and updating schedule and managing job with regard to MEP phases.
* Partner with client, architects and subcontractors.
* Can participate, educate, and assist management in the commissioning process.
* Assist with preconstruction and estimating.
* Participate in constructability reviews of design documents
* Conduct or participate in MEP training opportunities.
* B.S. degree in Construction technology, Mechanical Engineering or other related discipline or equivalent experience.
* Ten Years of progressively responsible construction experience.
* Ability to commission a building.
* Have knowledge of MEP systems and controls, and how they function; including, chilled water, condenser, hot water, steam, water source heat pump, direct expansion systems, domestic hot water systems, temperature control, fuel systems, lighting control, lightning control, low voltage systems, life safety systems, wiring and phasing, and other HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and electrical systems.
* LEED Certification a plus.
* Understand MEP equipment including but not limited chillers, boilers, HVAC pumps, FCU,WSHP, AHU, RTU, ERV, EXH, air and water balancing, plumbing booster pumps and sewerage ejectors, fire pumps, emergency generators, switchgear.
* Working knowledge of building codes, DOH requirements, NFPA, NEC, ASHRAE, SMACNA and other recognized authorities in the industry.
* Ability to read and understand MEP drawings and specifications.
* Physical ability to evaluate progress at construction sites.
Have a valid driver’s license and transportation to support remote offices and job sites. Ability to work on multiple projects and travel as needed. Can be on call and work overtime and weekends when needed to meet our goals. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with contractors and fellow employees.